An experienced DUI lawyer Colorado Springs is essential if you have been charged with any alcohol-related driving crime. A good Colorado Springs DUI lawyer can be extremely beneficial because he or she can provide you with the best available defense and she gives you the greatest chances of obtaining an acquittal or a reduced sentence – the best of outcomes.
If you are charged with a DUI it can be tempting to try to represent yourself to save a few bucks, but if your freedom and reputation is on the line it just is not worth it. Plus, you may end up serving jail time and/or paying a fine as a result of poor legal representation.
When you have a DUI charge lodged against you you are probably faced with a large fine, the risk of losing your license, and possibly time in jail. Hiring an experienced Colorado Springs DUI lawyer can be the best chance you have of avoiding these poor outcomes. A good DUI lawyer has plenty of experience dealing with DUI cases such as yours and should know all the legal tactics and strategies the prosecution will use to try and convict you of a DUI crime.
Hiring a competent DUI lawyer Colorado Springs also has other benefits:
- Your DUI lawyer will be able to look at the big picture from a legal standpoint and just might be able to find a technical point that would enable the case to be thrown out or the charges being completely dropped.
- If it looks like you might be found guilty, your lawyer may be able to negotiate a plea deal or get you a reduced sentence.
- A good Colorado Springs DUI lawyer will be able to subpoena the police officers who arrested you and he or she will have access to the police report, giving him information that could aid in your acquittal.
- If your case is being heard by a judge who is known to be unfavorable, the lawyer may be able to delay the court hearing until another judge will preside.
- Your attorney will be able to hear your story in full and should provide you with contact information so that you can be in touch whenever you need to.
If you hope to have the DUI charges expunged from your permanent driving record, hiring an experienced Colorado Springs DUI lawyer is your best bet for realizing this best of possibilities result. Even if you are guilty of the DUI, your lawyer may be able to persuade the judge to give you a lighter sentence, especially if this is your first offense.
An experienced DUI Colorado Springs attorney will also look thoroughly into the case and will be able to see if there are any discrepancies on the part of the police department which would result in your case getting dismissed.
Your best chance of success when facing a DUI charge is to have an experienced DUI Lawyer on your side – right from the start.